TABLE OF CONTENTS
- CERTAIN DEFINITIONS
- THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION
- INFORMATION SHARING AND DISCLOSURE
- YOUR CHOICES
- THE CHILDREN’S ONLINE PRIVACY ACT
- CONTACT US
- AFFILIATES.“Blu Jam Café” is a trade name used in connection with, among other things, the single restaurant which is owned and operated in the Los Angeles, California area by each of the following (each separately the “Blu Jam Company”):
FIESTA EXPRESS, INC., a California corporation
BLU JAM CAFE – BRENTWOOD, a California Corporation
BLU JAM CAFE – DTLA, a California Corporation
BLU JAM CAFE – TARZANA, a California Corporation
BLU JAM CAFE ON MULHOLLAND, a California Corporation
BLU JAM CAFE ON VENTURA, a California Corporation
Each Blu Jam Company is an affiliate of each other Blu Jam Company. Our Site is a single website which is relevant to each Blu Jam Company as well as to BJC Ventures, a California Limited Liability Company which licenses various assets to a company in Tokyo, Japan, which is authorized to operate a Blu Jam Café in Tokyo, Japan.
To the extent that any information of yours is collected due to your use of our Site, or as a result of your providing information to us, each Blu Jam Company has access to such information. Such access exists without a given Blu Jam Company taking any action to “share” such information with another Blu Jam Company.
“Us” means each Blu Jam Company. “We” means each Blu Jam Company.
“You” means the person who is accessing or using the Website. “Your” is a reference to something which belongs or refers to you.
- THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT.
Your IP Address
When you access the Site, your “IP Address” (internet protocol address) is sent to our Site. An IP Address is a string of numbers which identifies the computer, laptop or mobile device which you are using to access our Site. Without further activity on our part (which we do not engage in), an IP Address does not identify a particular individual.
If An Order Is Placed With Us
Third Party Delivery Services
There are several third parties which provide ordering and delivery services with respect to our food and beverages (the “Restaurant Items”). These third parties include Grubhub, Door Dash, Office Express, Postmates and Uber Eats (each a “Delivery Service”).
When you order the Restaurant Items from any of such Delivery Service your order
is made by using the w ebsite of such Delivery Services – not our Site. As a result, we do
not collect any personal information about you and payment for the Restaurant Items is made to the Delivery Service. We receive payment from the Delivery Service based upon your order.
THE USE OF THE DELIVERY SERVICE’S WEBSITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. WE MAKE NO WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION REGARDING ANY MATTER PERTAINING TO THE DELIVERY SERVICE’S WEBSITE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE NATURE OF OR THE EFFICIENCY OF SUCH DELIVERY SERVICE’S WEBSITE OR THE SECURITY MEASURES AND PROCEDURES WHICH ARE USED BY THE DELIVERY SERVICE IN CONNECTION WITH THE DELIVERY SERVICE’S WEBSITE. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE EXPERIENCE YOU HAVE OR THE ISSUES YOU MAY HAVE IN USING THE DELIVERY SERVICE’S WEBSITE.
Yelp Inc. is a company which, among other things, provides a service to restaurants know as “Yelp Waitlist”. Users of Yelp Waitlist, though the use an application provided by Yelp, attempt to obtain information about the wait for seating at a location operated by Blu Jam Company and, if the user desires, join the “waitlist” and track such user’s place in line at the location chosen by the user.
As a result of your use of Yelp Waitlist, we obtain your name and e-mail. We may use your e-mail in connection with promotions or other activities which are conducted by the Blu Jam Company.
WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE MANNER IN WHICH YELP INC., OR ANY AFFILIATE OF YELP INC., USES OR MAY USE THE INFORMATION WHICH YOU PROVIDE IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF THE APPLICATION PROVIDED BY YELP INC. WE CANNOT GUARANTEE OR ASSURE THAT THE PERSONAL INFORMATION WHICH YOU PROVIDE TO YELP INC. WILL NOT BE DISCLOSED TO ANOTHER THIRD PERSON OR MISUSED IN SOME MANNER.
Your Rights With Respect To The Information Which We Collect
YOU HAVE VARIOUS RIGHTS WITH REGARD TO OUR COLLECTION AND USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION. THESE RIGHTS ARE EXPLAINED IN DETAIL
- HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION.We do not “sell” your information in the sense of selling your information to a third party in exchange for money.
As discussed under the “If An Order If Placed With Us” subcategory of “THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT” above, as a result of your placing an order for a “large Platter” with us, your name and phone number are made available to us so that we can identify you for purposes of your pick-up of you order.
As discussed under the “Yelp Waitlist” subcategory of “THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT” above, as a result of your use of Yelp Waitlist, we obtain your name and e-mail. We may use your e-mail in connection with promotions or other activities which are conducted by the Blu Jam Company.
As discussed, under “COOKIES” below, we use Google Analytics to gather data regarding the use of the Site, including your use of the Site.
- INFORMATION SHARING AND DISCLOSURE.We may share and disclose information in the following ways or for any other purpose disclosed at the time of collection:
Legal and law enforcement purposes.
Change Of Control.
We may transfer Information in the event of a business transaction, such as if we or one of the Blu Jam Companies is are acquired by, sold to, or merged with another company or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding or a business reorganization.
- COOKIES.When you access the Website, the Website stores information from your web browser, which involves the use of “cookies”. Cookies are basically files which may includes a unique identifier that is sent from our server to your web browser. Each time your web browser requests access to our Website information is sent back to our server. As a result, information regarding your IP address (a string of numbers which identifies the computer, laptop or mobile device which you are using to access our Website).
There are different types of cookies, the use of which are summarized below:
Strictly Necessary Cookies
These are cookies that are necessary for our Website to function so as to fulfil an action requested by you, such as identifying you as being logged in. If you prevent these cookies by adjusting your browser settings, parts of our Website will not function properly.
These are cookies enable our Website to function in an enhanced manner. This includes “analytics” which allow us to see how the Website is being used and to collect Information about how you (and others) are using the Website. The information is collected in an anonymous form and includes the number of visitors, where visitors have come from to the Website and the pages they visited. In this regard, we use Google Analytics to gather data regarding the use of the Site, including Your use of the Site. The Google Analytics platform shows the aggregate, high level usage data as it relates to engagement, retention and acquisition. We do not store individual tracking information from your use of the Website, except that your entry of your age (as required to enter the Website) is available to us.
We do not have advertising partners associated with our Website. Therefore, there are no cookies which are provided to any advertising partners.
- YOUR CHOICES.
Option of Yours – Do Not Sell My Personal Information
There is a link on the Site titled “Do Not Sell My Personal Information” which you can use to instruct us not to “sell” your personal information.
If you instruct us to not sell your personal information, this does not necessarily mean that a Service Provider cannot assist with the fulfillment of your order. This is because if certain contractual conditions are satisfied (between the Service Provider and us) we can interact with the Service Provider without it being deemed that we are selling or disclosing such information to such Service Provider.
- SECURITY.While we work to protect the your security, we cannot guarantee that unauthorized third parties will not be able to circumvent our security measures. Please notify us immediately of any occasion where you believe that your use of the Website has lead to a third-party contacting you in a manner which is not acceptable to you.
- THE CHILDREN’S ONLINE PRIVACY ACT.We are committed to complying with the Children’s Online Privacy Act (“COPPA”). COPPA is a federal (U.S.) law which is designed to protect children when they are involved with online activities. We encourage each parent or guardian of a child under the age of 13 to take an active role in protecting their child’s privacy and online activity. We do not knowingly collect personal information from a person who is under the age of 13. If you become aware that a person who is under the age of 13 is using the Site, please contact us at email@example.com.
- CONTACT US.
Last Updated: December , 2019.
© 2019 BJC Ventures II. All rights reserved.